Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dinner Roles

A text conversation with my roommate on Thanksgiving of 2012.  I was on my way to a huge family gathering, and he was cooking for a large Thanksgiving potluck dinner on campus.

Me: How's the food preparation going?
Roommate: So far so good.  I'm making little dinner roles.
Me: *rolls.  Unless you're trying to tell everyone what part they should play at dinner.
Roommate: Yes, that too.

This has nothing to do with what I'm about to post, but was necessary all the same.

Anyways, when I saw this recipe posted on reddit, I knew I had to try it.  I'm a sucker for a good dinner roll,  and many of those you can buy in stores are... sub par.

It's a basic bread recipe, you should really just look at it if you want to do it because there's some helpful tips and whatnot.

But it turned out fantastic.

It didn't occur to me to take pictures until after they'd risen, but here they are pre-baking.

I was making them on Easter, but I think I can refrain from the usual "it is risen" pun...
 Here they are post-baking.

Looked delicious enough as it was, but there's still one more step!

Here they are post dousing in butter!

I left out a couple of ingredients from the recipe because I didn't have them (powdered milk and potato something), but they turned out delicious all the same.

Well loved by the Easter IV Potluck crowd, and definitely a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment